Country’s Largest Chain to Offer Kobo Wireless eReader to Trinidad and Tobago eReading Community
TORONTO, June 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Kobo, a global leader in eReading with more than 3.6 million users in over 100 countries worldwide, today announced that the company’s Wireless eReader has landed in the Caribbean through a new partnership with Nigel R Khan Bookseller. The innovative bookseller – with nine locations in Trinidad and Tobago – is committed to bringing the latest technology to readers. The introduction of the Kobo Wireless eReader provides the large chain with an open and enjoyable device to support local readers and the islands’ tourism trade.
As the southernmost island in the Caribbean, Trinidad and Tobago’s population of 1.3 million boasts a literacy rate of 92.8%, making it the perfect place for Kobo to reach avid readers and encourage them to start eReading with the device of their choice. Nigel R Khan Bookseller has proven their overarching commitment to reading and technology, adopting new approaches that enhance the joy of reading for their customers.
”Along with the excitement of bringing our passion for eReading to new shores, we expect to see great success with the launch of the Kobo Wireless eReader in Nigel R Khan Bookseller stores throughout Trinidad and Tobago,” said Todd Humphrey, Executive Vice President of Business Development, Kobo. “Nigel R Khan Bookseller is really leading the way by bringing the latest technology to the Caribbean and introducing eReading to their customers. We look forward to serving Trinidad and Tobago’s growing eReading community and the country’s technology-focused demographic.”
The partnership will enable the book chain’s customers to engage in reading on a whole new level with Kobo, as well as attract a new reading crowd with the technological advancements Kobo brings to eReading.
The Kobo Wireless eReader is perfect for reading on the go! Light, compact and featuring Wi Fi access you can shop today’s hottest new releases, newspapers and magazines plus over 1 million free classics — anywhere. Pre-loaded with 100 ready to go classics, this e-Reader is an obvious buy.
- Browse and shop today’s best sellers plus over 1 million free classics
- 6″ E Ink screen for no glare, paper-like reading
- 100 free classics pre-loaded
- Light and compact – just .4 inches thick and weighs only 8 ounces
- Carry up to 1,000 eBooks or 10,000 with an expandable SD memory card
- Read on and on. The long lasting battery lasts up to 2 weeks
- Modern and minimal – intuitive navigation pad
- Personalize your reading with customizable font sizes and styles
- Choose your library view: list, text or by virtual book
- Supports open standards (ePUB, PDF, Adobe DRM)
- Wi Fi connectivity let’s you shop and update your library wirelessly
- Read on your mobile, tablet or computer with Kobo’s free downloadable apps
- Unique quilted back makes it comfortable to hold
- Available in three stylish colors: Onyx, Silver and Lilac
About Kobo, Inc.
Kobo is a global eReading service with more than 2.3 million eBooks, magazines and newspapers – one of the largest eReading catalogues in the world. Kobo believes consumers should have the freedom to read any book on any device and has attracted millions of readers from over 100 countries across the globe. Kobo has top ranked eReading applications for iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows and MacOS, and is the eReading application of choice for leading tablets. Kobo eReaders are also available at leading retailers including Indigo, Walmart, Best Buy, Borders, WHSmith, Angus & Robertson’s, Whitcoull’s and Nigel R Khan Booksellers. Kobo’s innovative Reading Life is an industry-first comprehensive social eReading experience – Kobo users can earn awards simply for time spent reading and encouraging others to read. Kobo is backed by majority shareholder Indigo Books & Music Inc, Cheung Kong Holdings, and institutional investors. For more information, please visit www.Kobo.com.